Hello Students, today we are going to publish the Sentence Correction Part-8 Question set. These are very important for your upcoming examinations because we have prepared these questions from The Hindu newspaper.
Sentence Correction Part-8 Question Set
1) The Centre on Monday (a)/ bring time from the Supreme Court (b)/ hearing petitions challenging (c) special status to Jammu and Kashmir (d)/ No error (e).
2) Article 35A was incorporated (a) to the Indian Constitution in 1954 (b) by an order of President Rajendra Prasad on (c)/ the advice of the Jawaharlal Nehru Cabinet (d)/ No error (e).
3) RCom’s lenders have appointed (a)/ SBI Capital Markets Limited as (b)/ the adviser to run a competitive process (c)/ meant to monetization the assets of the company(d)/ No error (e).
4) The 29-year-old Virat Kohli, (a)/ who scored 263 runs in the series, (b)/ has reached 889 points, which (c)/ is the best ever by a India batsman (d)/ No error (e).
5) Dutchman Marco van Basten, who is current (a)/ FIFA Chief Officer for Technical Development,(b)/ hailed the tournament for the high quality on the field (c)/ and technical level of the players (d)/ No error (e).
6) According to a new report by the W.H.O (a)/ India topped the list of seven countries, (b)/ accounting for 64 percent of the 10.4 millions (c)/ new TB cases worldwide in 2016 (d)/ No error (e).
7) Retail investors got back to buy (a)/ and foreign money kept coming (b)/ in amid a firming Asian trend on (c)/ renewed optimism for tax reforms in the US (d)/ No error (e).
8) The government has collected Rs 92,150 crore (a)/ as Goods and Services Tax in (b)/ September from 42.91 lakh business, (c)/ the finance ministry says on Tuesday (d)/ No error (e).
9) The meteorological office has (a)/ forecasted heavy rain in Chennai (b)/ and very heavy rainfall (c)/ in coastal Tamil Nadu (d)/ No error (e).
10). RBI has objected to a draft law dealing (a)/ with bankruptcy in financial institutions, (b)/ saying some of its provisions can (c)/ undermine the authority of other regulatory bodies (d)/ No error (e).
1) b. Use ‘bought’ 2) Replace ‘to’ with ‘into’
3) d. Use ‘monetize’ 4) d. Replace ‘a’ with ‘an’
5) a. Use ‘currently’ 6) c. Use ‘million’
7) a. Use ‘buying’ 8) d. Replace ‘says’ with ‘said’
9) b. Use ‘forecast’ 10) c. Replace ‘can’ with ‘could’
These are 10 important questions from Sentence Correction Part-8 set for today. Practice them properly to improve your English.