Hello Students, today we are going to provide the Sentence Correction Part-9 question set. These are very important for your upcoming IBPS, SSC, Railways, and other examinations.
Sentence Correction Part-9 Question Set
1) A man in a rented pickup truck (a)/ mowed down pedestrians and cyclists along (b)/ a busy bike path near the World Trade Center (c)/ on Tuesday and killing at least eight people (d)/ No error (e).
2) Children studying in a government school (a)/ in Chikkamagaluru are taught (b)/ not just to appreciate other religions, (c)/ but also learning respective holy texts. (d)/ No error (e).
3) India leaped 30 places (a)/ to rank 100 on the (b)/ World Bank’s ease of doing (c)/ business Survey of 2018. (d)/ No error (e).
4) NASA’s Mars 2020 mission will (a)/ have more cameras than any rover before it (b)/ to create sweeping panoramas, reveal obstacles (c)/ and studying the atmosphere of the red planet. (d)/ No error (e).
5) Tom Latham was New Zealand’s highest (a)/ run-getter (206) in the three-ODI (b)/ series vs India and will hope to build (c)/ on the momentum on future games. (d)/ No error (e).
6) The government said it (a)/ would develop approximately 83,677 km (b)/ of roads at an investment (c)/ of Rs 6.92 lakh crore in 2022. (d)/ No error (e).
7) Exercising for long hours, (a)/ preferring exercising over any other things in life (b)/ and at odd hours, continuing exercise despite pain (c)/ could be prominent early signs of exercise addiction. (d)/ No error (e).
8) The winters of his adolescence (a)/ was spent watching football, (b)/ not courting girls (c)/ or attending parties. (d)/ No error (e).
9) As the first FIFA tournament (a)/ on Indian soil ends, (d)/ and a restructured Indian Super League begins, (c)/ there was a sense that football is entering a new era. (d)/ No error (e).
10) You cannot play a long (a)/ inning in the film industry (b)/ unless you are extreme (c)/ talented and lucky. (d)/ No error (e).
1) d. Use ‘killed’ 2) d. Use ‘learn’
3) d. Replace ‘of’ with ‘for’ 4) d. Use ‘study’
5) d. Replace ‘on’ with ‘in’ 6) Replace ‘in’ with ‘by’
7) e. No error 8) Replace ‘was’ with ‘were’
9) Replace ‘was’ with ‘is’ 10) c. Use ‘extremely’
These are the questions from Sentence Correction Part-9 set. Practice them to improve your English Section.